Conventional Pallet Racking The Back to Back pallet racking is the most common form of pallet storage , very cost-effective, providing high capacity storage and…
Live Storage enables fast throughput and automatic stock rotation for businesses that have large batches of the same products.
Pallets are fed and retrieved from opposite sides. Live Storage can be used as buffer storage in staging areas, production, goods reception and dispatch. Pallet accessibility on a First In First Out basis (FIFO).
Specially constructed lanes of gravity inclined tracks stacked side by side and on top of each other within a pallet rack framework form a solid block of storage that is fed in from one end and unloaded at the other. Consistent loads are stored in each lane, for the same product. Automatic rotation is provided. Rack utilisation is often at 90%.
High rate of turnover and fast access to goods: since no more than two lanes are needed, this option requires up to 60% less space than a conventional pallet stacking warehouse.
- Very dense storage achieved.
- FIFO guaranteed, ideal for products with shelf life or absolute rotation.
- Secure and safe handling as the pallet truck does not enter the rack.
- Stable loads and constant, high quantity pallet mandatory.
- Wide range of pallets can be accommodated if it is foreseen at the design stage